If you are interested in buying or selling road equipment, keep these tips in mind before you begin making transactions.
- Know your worth. When considering selling your equipment, it is important to understand how much the items you are selling are actually worth. You may miss great opportunities to sell if you are too arrogant with your prices, or you may undersell your equipment and end up with less than you could have made. Finding the proper pricing is essential to a successful transaction.
- Research selling methods. Even if you have been a professional driver for many years, it may take a while to grasp the types of selling methods you should use with your equipment. Do your research before putting your items on the market. Try to hone in on your target audience and appeal to their interests.
- Demonstrate value. When presenting your equipment, make sure it is in mint condition. Hose down, wipe down, shine or wax your driving equipment before you present it to your potential buyers. You never know the price buyers might agree to when the equipment is shiny and clean. Further, when taking pictures, make sure you put your best foot forward and show the items from all angles.
- Don’t wait too long for payment. It can be easy to agree to an equipment transaction even when there is no end date in sight. Make sure you nail down the payment method and time frame before you make a deal.
- Build trust. Selling equipment is all about making relationships for the future. Keep in touch with the people you are selling to so that you can reach out and make additional transactions when you need to. You never know, you could make a few great friends out of it!
Crossroads Equipment Lease and Finance has been helping dealers and manufacturers across the United States to sell and buy equipment for years. If you need help buying or selling your equipment, contact us today.